Most companies offer paid vacation, yet we don't use all of the time that we are given. Some people don't use any of their vacation time at all! Why is this? Is it because taking time off can make it more stressful when you are coming back to work? Is it because you feel guilty for using your time off by doing something that you actually enjoy? Is it because you just feel too swamped to miss work? Contrary to how you feel RIGHT now, taking some time off could actually be beneficial to your work productivity.
Here are 5 reasons why taking a vacation is good for your health:
- It Reduces Stress: Chronic stress can be destructive to your mind, body and soul. Getting away from your hectic daily routine can give your stress a break and clear your mind.
- It Helps with Heart Health: Studies have shown that even missing one year's vacation was associated with a higher risk of heart disease. So, taking an annual vacation can be a link to a decrease in heart disease.
- Vacations Make You Happier: Neuro-scientists have found that brain structure can be altered by chronic exposure to stress hormones. Studies have shown that people who do not take regular vacations were three times more likely to be depressed and anxious.
- Vacations Make you More Productive: Another study by the Boston Consulting Group found that professionals who were required to take time off were significantly more productive overall than those who spent more time working. BCG studies also showed that individuals were happier after returning from vacation would resulted in more creativity.
- Better Sleep: While on vacation, people usually average an hour or more of quality sleep. This is the perfect time to catch up on sleep that has been lost from many restless and disrupted sleeps.
Going on a vacation seems like it is a large commitment, but the best investment you can make is the investment you have in yourself. The anxieties about booking a vacation is short, the after vacation affects will last long.
The Pura Vida Retreat is the best place for you to go to re-charge, clear your mind, body and soul and return home a better, happier you!